AbsolutData presents ANALYTICA a first of its kind Marketing Analytics based business case contest to have the brightest of minds compete with each other:
- For a splendid prize
- For an opportunity solve a live business problem
- To delve deeper in data to develop actionable insights
- To experience the thrill of aiding a Multi National Company by providing strategic solutions
- To understand what it takes to be a Business Consultant
To make things more exciting for you, we have designed the business cases in a manner that you work in limited amount of time, resources and have whole of lot of thinking to do! Watch out this space for more information.
The following are the basic rules and guidelines for participation in the Absolut Analytica - 2012. AbsolutData may add to these guidelines at any time during the competition. All additions will be emailed to the specified team contact and posted on this Webpage. Teams are responsible to make themselves aware of these additions by checking the AbsolutData website often.
- Each team will consist of 2-3 members from any final year undergraduate courses from IIT Delhi and IIT Kanpur.
- One individual cannot be part of more than one participating team. Registering in more than one team will lead to disqualification of the team.
- The teams can register themselves till 10th September 2012, 10:00 AM.
- To register, each team should mail the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Team Name
- Team Member Names & Roll Numbers
- Primary contact and Email ID (for all further communication)
- The subject of the mail should be “Registration_Team Name”
- Roll numbers will be validated by placement body of the campus to ensure final year participation only.
- The case study will go live on 10th September 2012 11:00 AM and details will be sent to the primary email ID provided by the team
- Teams are free to use additional information if necessary.
- Team submissions should be mailed to email@example.com latest by 23rd September 2012, 11:59 pm with all the documents as specified along with the problem statement.
- Shortlisted teams shall be announced by 27th September 2012.
- All shortlisted teams will have to present their case analysis to AbsolutData Senior Management on 29th September 2012 at IIT Delhi.
- One winner and two runner ups (first and second) shall be declared the same day
- Registrations close on 10th September 2012, 10:00 AM.
- Case goes live on 10th September 2012, 11:00 AM.
- The team submissions should be made latest by 23rd September 2012 11:59 PM.
- Shortlisted teams shall be announced by 27th September 2012.
- Final Presentation shall happen on 29th September 2012.
- Winners shall be announced the same day.
- Winning Team - Cash Prize worth Rs 30000/- and certificates
- 1st Runner Up - Cash Prize worth Rs 20000/- and certificates
- 2nd Runner Up - Cash Prize worth Rs 10000/- and certificates
Each Entry will be judged by a panel of experts (the “Judges”) associated with AbsolutData. Determinations of judges will be at the discretion of AbsolutData.
A leading apparel giant ABC Inc. is contemplating entering the Indian market. They want to adopt a phased entry approach starting 2013. Out of the complete bouquet of products they have selected their best selling denim (Jeans) brands for India. Globally, the brand is best known for travel, adventure sports, hiking; though it can also be worn for regular use. The product is largely targeted at males, young-mid aged, belonging to SEC A/B, possibly metros, Tier 1& 2 cities. The product will be targeting ‘Rough and Tough Man’. The company wants to position it’s product as a luxury brand in India.
ABC Inc. is undertaking a study to chart out their strategy for the Indian market and decide upon an ideal customer segment. They have been able to procure some initial reports from a market research firm. Now, they have appointed your team to help them with analyzing this report and suggesting a market entry strategy.
The dataset (shared along with this project brief) contains output from Face2Face (F2F) survey conducted on a sample of 5000 people across the country. The report contains information on the aspects of:
- Purchase & Usage behavior
- Buying channel
- Information source
- Media habits
According to the analysis, the respondents can be grouped into 9 categories. From this information your team needs to:
- Identify 3-4 profitable target segments for ABC Inc.
- Present an argument on why targeting these segments will be profitable for ABC Inc.
- Suggest a media plan for reaching out to the chosen 3-4 segments identified by your team.
- No more than one solution can be submitted by each registered team. Any team sending multiple solutions would be automatically disqualified
- The teams have to use the format given below and no other format will be acceptable. Teams are advised to revisit the site and check the format before submission
- Teams can make their assumptions while solving the case but it should be stated wherever done
- Excel Sheets should be attached supporting the calculations and assumptions taken. Any case solution without the supporting excel would be liable for disqualification
- The subject of the mail should be “Final Submission and Team Name”
- Teams must strictly adhere to the deadlines. Entries submitted after the deadlines will not be considered
- Rules of the contest are binding and the rights of decision making lies with AbsolutData Research and Analytics Solutions Pvt Ltd. Any decisions made by them are final and binding.
- The teams are advised to send their submissions in the Power Point Format of not more than 6 slides
- An opening slide on team details (Team Name, Team Member Names & Roll Numbers, primary email ID and contact number) is mandatory
- This should be followed by the executive summary
- The analysis and the solution of the case with clearly stated assumptions and supporting information should be detailed out. The source for all external information should be clearly stated
- The recommendations should not exceed 1 slide
- References if any should be stated wherever used throughout the presentation
- Font should be 11 pts in size and use Arial font preferably
Presentations will be evaluated on the basis of:
- Depth of analysis,
- Understanding of Business question
- Brevity and crispness of the presentation
- Creativity and innovative presentation
- All the material, datasets and reading material shared in this case-study contest are the sole property of AbsolutData Research and Analytics Solutions Pvt Ltd.
- The data shared in this contest is fictional and does not belong to any company or whatsoever. Any resemblance is purely co-incidental and unintentional
For any queries, please contact Absolut Analytica Team at firstname.lastname@example.org