Employment Type: Full time
Min. Experience: 4 – 8 years
The role of the Consultant will be to create and deliver solutions for business problems/ opportunities using advanced analytical approaches and/or Machine Learning techniques.
Typical scenarios include but are not limited to creating customer segments, identifying churn propensity, identifying product propensity, building recommendation systems etc.
- Understand customer needs
- One of the primary responsibilities will be to understand the business need and translate it into actionable analytical plan in consultation with the client
- Ensure that the analytical plan aligns with the customer’s overall strategic need
- Understand and identify appropriate data sources required for solving the business problem at hand
- Explore, diagnose and resolve any data discrepancies – including but not limited to any ETL that may be required, missing value and extreme value/outlier treatment using appropriate methods
- Execute project plan to meet client requirements and timelines
- Identify success metrics and monitor them to ensure high quality output for the client
- Deliver production ready models that can be deployed in client’s system, if required
- Create relevant output documents, as required – power point deck/ excel files, dataframes etc.
- Overall project management
- Creating a project plan and timelines for the project and obtain client sign-off
- Monitor project progress in conjunction with the project plan – report risks, scope creep etc. in a timely manner
- Ensure resource allocation and utilization
- Resource development and overall mentoring of team
- Understand and align with various internal policies and ensure adherence to said policies by tracking associated metrics
- Identify and evangelise new and upcoming analytical trends in the market within the organization
Qualifications and Skills:
- BE./ B.Tech./ Post Graduate with focus on Mathematics/ Statistics/ Economics/ Data Science/ MBA from Premier Institutes
- 4-8 years total experience in relevant industry/ domain
- Able to work in complex environment while liaising with multiple stakeholders
- Experience using statistical analysis software
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to adapt and work in a changing environment
Technical skills - Required
- Advanced statistical and quantitative analysis skills - e.g. Machine Learning, Statistical Modelling, Time Series Analysis, etc.
- Knowledge of databases and associated tools – e.g. Access, SQL, etc.
- Knowledge of ETL methods such as data imputation, data cleaning, outlier handling, etc.
- Strong programming skills in one or more of the following - R, Python, SAS, etc.
Technical skills - Desirable
- Exposure to Big Data technologies – Hadoop, Hive, etc.
- Exposure to advanced reporting tools - Tableau, Qlikview, PowerBI, etc.