Employment Type: Full time
Experience: 3+ years
Summary of Job Purpose :
Absolutdata is looking for smart and energetic individuals who love to dive into new and different problems, push the boundaries of innovation, and rapidly conduct research on advanced machine learning techniques and programming (especially in R, Python etc.) and help the data scientists enhance the analytics backend of the flagship products (NAVIK suite) of Absolutdata, and thus, enrich the knowledge discovery solutions. Ideal candidate enjoys learning new contexts and areas of applications, with the aid of creative thinking and sound problem solving skills.
Key Responsibilities :
Ensure resource allocation and utilizationResource development and overall mentoring of teamUnderstand and align with various internal policies and ensure adherence to said policies by tracking associated metricsIdentify and evangelize new and upcoming analytical trends in the market within the organizationImplementing the applications of these algorithms/methods/techniques in R/Python
- Understand needs
- One of the primary responsibilities will be to understand the business need and translate it into actionable analytical plan in consultation with the team
- Ensure that the analytical plan aligns with the customer’s overall strategic need
- Understand and identify appropriate data sources required for solving the business problem at hand
- Explore, diagnose and resolve any data discrepancies – including but not limited to any ETL that may be required, missing value and extreme value/outlier treatment using appropriate methods
- Execute project plan to meet requirements and timelines
- Identify success metrics and monitor them to ensure high quality output for the client
- Deliver production ready models that can be deployed in production system, if required
- Create relevant output documents, as required – power point deck/ excel files, dataframes etc.
- Overall project management
- Creating a project plan and timelines for the project and obtain sign-off
- Monitor project progress in conjunction with the project plan – report risks, scope creep etc. in a timely manner
Qualifications and Skills :
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science OR Master’s degree in Statistics/Economics/Business Economics/Econometrics/Operations Research
2 – 5 years of experience in the Analytics / Data Science space
Good coding, scripting and prototyping skills in some object-oriented programming language (e.g. Python, Java etc.)
Demonstrated ability in solving problems using quantitative approaches
Knowledge of Deep Learning methods for image, text, voice, video analytics
Knowledge of various Machine Learning techniques like Ensemble of Decision Trees (Bagging, Boosting, Random Forest etc.), Support Vector Machines, Natural Language Processing etc.
Expertise in development and productionization of neural network based models
Knowledge of ETL methods such as data imputation, data cleaning, outlier handling, etc.
Knowledge of databases and associated tools – e.g. RDS, SQL, etc.
Technical skills – Desirable
- Expertise in NLP (Natural Language Processing)
- Exposure to Big Data technologies – Hadoop, Hive, Spark etc.
- Exposure to advanced reporting tools - Tableau, Qlikview, PowerBI, etc.
- Usage and customizations of existing AI and machine learning offerings such as IBM Watson, Google ML, Azure ML, AWS ML etc.
- Exposure to AWS/Cloud Architecture