Location: Gurugram / Pune
Employment Type: Full time
Experience: 10- 12 years
Summary of Job
A revolution is brewing, and Absolutdata is the epicentre of the revolution called “Big Data” - A megatrend impacting every facet of business decision making. With our extensive experience converting big data into big insights, client are reaping large bottom-line and top-line results. Be it large amounts of data (Volume), fast changing or streaming data (Velocity) or multiple types of data such as unstructured data (Variety), traditional analytics is combined with emerging analytics such as Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence to connect data with business results. In making this connection, technology plays a huge role. This is where the Products Team at Absolutdata comes in. A team that combines Data, Analytics and technology together to deliver business results.
This is a hands-on role at Labs, the Product Development division of Absolutdata. In this role you will have technical ownership of one or more products. You'll lead a talented team of engineers to create innovative ways of Product Development.
A senior/lead front-end web developer is responsible for implementing visual elements that users see and interact with in a web application. They are supported by back-end web developers, who are responsible for server-side application logic and integration of the work that front-end developers do.
We are looking for a senior front-end web developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will lead a team of front-end web developers & work closely with the UX design team to bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
The products are heterogeneous and works across the entire enterprise IT stack and hybrid multi-cloud environments, making it an exciting and challenging opportunity for the developer to provide a magnificent experience across a complex and diverse landscapes.
- Lead front end development for client implementations of NAVIK platform, products & client implementations
- Assert technical feasibility of UX designs
- Analyse functional, and technical requirements and create an execution plan
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Create reusable objects & templates & ensure that a consistent library or approach is applied across the product.
- Refinement, maintenance and enforcement of development best practices and strategies
- Mentor junior team members
- Collaborate with other front-end developers, UX designers, data scientists, engineers, testers and product managers to find solutions that improve user experience
- Execute in a fast-paced environment with ambiguity
- Graduate / Postgraduate in Computer Sciences or a related field
- 4-8 years of experience as front-end developer
- Currently working as a Senior/Lead front end developer in a collaborative space
- Proficiency in either Angularjs or Angular2 & above
- Experience with asynchronous request handling, AJAX based single page application build using MVVM/MVC (Angular) based frameworks
- Experience with working on REST based web services
- Experience with W3C website accessibility standards
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Good understanding of browser rendering behaviour and performance
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, unit testing, TDD, source control management, continuous integration, defect management, build processes & testing
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
- Demonstrated record of handling multiple requirements and meeting tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions
- An effective communicator and a thorough collaborator who exchanges ideas enthusiastically
- Experience with interactive charts and maps programming libraries and tools
- Hands-on experience with one or more prototyping/wireframing tools - Axure RP, MarvelApp, InVision, Balsamiq etc.
- Intermediate knowledge on NodeJs & jQuery
- Software development using Agile methodology
- Exposure to Product Development
- Experience of working on Enterprise SaaS Products
- Experience of working in a Startup environment