Employment Type: Full time
Experience: 8-10 years
Summary of Job Purpose :
The Products and Innovation group @Absolutdata is focused on Product Development of next generation AI enabled Analytics platform & suite of products. We are talented, ambitious & unique individuals obsessed with creativity & passion challenging the status quo – we collaborate in a start-up like environment, learn new skills, try out new ideas & innovate constantly. In this role, you'll have complete ownership of the product roadmap and strategic vision for Analytics platform ground up using the latest technologies suitable for cloud hosting. You will work on some of the latest applications of Data Science in a fast paced & rapidly growing environment.
If you are passionate about a ground up opportunity & interested in driving this vision hands-on from the forefront - we want you!
Product Manager is a hands-on, detail-oriented individual with an entrepreneurial approach to solve problems. You will help to define and drive the product roadmap, manage priorities within cross-functional teams and make smart data driven decisions to have the biggest business impact. You are extremely passionate about leveraging data and analytics to drive smart products. You will dive deep into functional and non-functional requirements, customer needs, user stories and edge cases, owning the strategic vision and product roadmap supporting multi-tenancy & personalization.
Key Responsibilities :
While you are not expected to drive technological decisions, you must understand how architectural approach and technologies enable scaled-out platform growth and future product capabilities. You will work directly with a team of UX Designers, UI Developers, Data Engineers & Data Scientists to define and create products that leverage data analytics and modelling.
- Overall accountability for end to end delivery of projects using Agile methodology
- Manage large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications & deliver them in a successful and timely manner.
- Prioritize roadmap, define user stories and product backlog in an Agile environment
- Identify, assess and mitigate risks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs balancing the business needs vs. constraints
- Clearly communicate plan and project status to management and key technical and business stakeholders
- Prioritize and execute on a fast-moving set of client priorities, competitive pressures, and market opportunities
- Guide UX designers to create the optimum UX for the user
- Incorporate best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, test driven development, build processes, testing and operations.
- Develop required delivery documents.
- Set benchmarks to measure progress on regular basis
Qualifications and Skills :
- Graduate / Postgraduate in Computer Sciences or a related field
- 9+ years of IT experience of which 4+ years in Product Management
- Solid understanding of the full product development lifecycle, from conception to launch
- Hands-on experience in product management using Scrum and Agile practices
- Hands-on experience in writing product requirements, user stories & specifications
- Demonstrated skills in developing product roadmaps & functional specifications, product release management, versioning & end to end documentation
- Demonstrated expertise in software management lifecycle, including but not limited to, requirements gathering, project planning, budget management, issue and risk mitigation, and status reporting
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills with strong passion for data-driven decision making
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically
- Team player, with the ability to guide cross-functional teams in a highly iterative, rapidly evolving agile environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit with desire to work in highly ambiguous fast-paced, start-up environment, with the ability to consistently deliver exceptional results on demanding timelines
Preferred Experience :
- Certifications: Scrum, PMP, Prince2
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Project Plan
- Understand overall industry trends as well as role played by Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Prior experience in analytical products/solutions