Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
Employment Type: Full time
Experience: 3.5+ Years
Summary of Job Purpose :
A revolution is brewing, and Absolutdata is the epicentre of the revolution called “Big Data” - A megatrend impacting every facet of business decision making. With our extensive experience converting big data into big insights, client are reaping large bottom-line and top-line results. Be it large amounts of data (Volume), fast changing or streaming data (Velocity) or multiple types of data such as unstructured data (Variety), traditional analytics is combined with emerging analytics such as Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence to connect data with business results. In making this connection, technology plays a huge role. This is where the Products Team at Absolutdata comes in. A team that combines Data, Analytics and technology together to deliver business results.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to support the analytics transformation for a Telecom client in CVM function – The candidate is expected to have in-depth understanding of and experience in implementing strategies related to customer lifecycle engagement and touch points in Telecom domain, and making significant contributions to business through designing and implementing different analytical solution frameworks. The candidate is expected to possess good analytical, decision making, communication skills, ability of blending business objective with technology, and ability to think out of the box solutions for complex business problems.
Key Responsibilities :
- Create and implement complex, cross-functional analytics solutions, predictive models and statistical analyses for solving business issues and requirements
- Work independently to manage the full lifecycle of data analysis and model development – detailed EDA to analyze business issues, develop the analytics solution framework, design and develop the datasets required for building statistical and predictive models, create the models and validate for accuracy, as well as explain the model results and implementation to business stakeholders
- Create and support all facets of analytics – descriptive, prescriptive, and predictive analysis, and effecti
- Conduct analytic deep-dives of critical business issues that impact performance and translate the analyses into actionable recommendations
- Partner with other internal/external teams to facilitate development or implementation of identified analytics solutions, work closely with IT teams wherever required for data quality, engineering, and orchestration
- Execute planned analysis to meet the project objectives, and ensure on-time & error free delivery, proactively escalate issues when required
Desired Skills :
- 3.5+ years of relevant experience in developing and implementing Machine Learning/Statistical Learning solutions to complex business problems at scale, at least 2-3 years’ experience in CVM Telecom background
- Candidate has to be non-Indian, and based out of UAE region, and should be able to join within 2 weeks; be available for short travel to Pakistan and other operating geographies as and when required for business meetings, coordination for implementations, workshops etc.
- Strong statistical knowledge, and expertise on working and implementing different traditional modeling / ML techniques
- Rich experience in various Machine Learning techniques like Regression, Classification, Ensemble of Decision Trees (Bagging, Boosting, and Random Forest etc.), Support Vector Machines, Clustering, Dimension Reduction etc.
- Proficiency in (coding, scripting and prototyping skills) in Python;
- Effective Thought Leadership, and Decision-Making Skills
- Excellent Communication Skills: Refers to effective oral, written & presentation skill
- Degree: Postgraduates from Premiere Institutes in Economics, Statistics or other Quantitative disciplines/MBA