Employment Type: Full time
Experience: 7+ years
Summary of Job Purpose :
A revolution is brewing, and Absolutdata is the epicentre of the revolution called “Big Data” - A megatrend impacting every facet of business decision making. With our extensive experience converting big data into big insights, client are reaping large bottom-line and top-line results. Be it large amounts of data (Volume), fast changing or streaming data (Velocity) or multiple types of data such as unstructured data (Variety), traditional analytics is combined with emerging analytics such as Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence to connect data with business results. In making this connection, technology plays a huge role. This is where the Products Team at Absolutdata comes in. A team that combines Data, Analytics and technology together to deliver business results.
This is a hands-on role at Labs, the Product Development division of Absolutdata. In this role you will have technical ownership of one or more products. You'll lead a talented team of testers to create innovative ways of Product Development.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about technology. If you are entrepreneurial & ambitious, interested in fast growing field of analytics, big data engineering combined with data visualization to power business decisions, then this is the right opportunity for you. The team is fast paced, dynamic and rapidly scaling.
Qualifications and Skills :
- Graduate / Postgraduate in Computer Sciences or a related field
- 5-8 years of total IT experience of which minimum 5 years in Testing
- Software testing using Agile methodology
- Strong knowledge of best practices in software testing, tools and processes
- Experience in creating test plans, test summary reports, test sign-off etc.
- Well versed with estimation techniques
- Strong knowledge of REST API Testing & experience with API testing tools like Rest Assured, Postman, SOAP UI preferably with Rest Assured for API automation.
- Strong knowledge of UI Automation Testing & experience with tools like Protractor, Selenium etc. preferably Protractor.
- Implementing & setting up Automation frameworks ground-up
- Experience with defect management tools such as Jira
- Proficiency with SQL & relational databases preferably MySQL
- Prior experience in leading & mentoring a small team of testers
- Experience with establishing and evolving industry-accepted best practices in testing
- Team player, with the ability to work with cross-functional teams in a highly iterative, rapidly evolving agile environment
- Good communication & analytical skills
Technical skills – Desirable
- Experience with Linux & scripting in Shell/Python
- Hands-on experience in testing software solutions on any cloud platform (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience with a product organization will be preferred
- Relevant Certification in Scrum/ISTQB/AWS/GCP/Azure
- Performance testing experience with JMeter
- DevOps - Automation experience with application deployments & CI/CD tools
- Security testing knowledge including vulnerability assessment and penetration testing
- Hands on programming skills (preferably Java)
- Working in a Startup environment
- Experience with NoSQL