At Absolutdata, we believe that it’s important to give back to our community. That’s why we’ve set up a number of corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives.
Corporate social responsibility is more than just occasionally helping out. It’s something that consumers, employees, and leadership all value and hold important. It should be part of a company’s corporate culture and part of their relationship with the community.
For us, a big part of our CSR is committed to contributing towards societal change. We work with various nongovernmental and non-profit organizations (NGOs and NPOs, respectively), to:
- Bring like-minded people together with the goal of creating change.
- Foster greater connectedness and a sense of purpose.
- Demonstrate our commitment to our corporate values – especially respect. We want to show respect to our environment and to everyone in our society, especially the less privileged and differently abled.
Examples of Our CSR Activities
We do various kinds of CSR activities throughout the year. Our CSR club, Sunshine, allows Absolutdata employees to work together on social initiatives. A few of our recent CSR projects have included:
- Cooking for a Cause: This is our flagship CSR initiative – and we must say, it’s delicious! Employees sell homemade foods at our office and donate the funds; our Winter 2019 Cooking for a Cause supported an NGO that helps schoolchildren understand menstrual hygiene, and our mid-2018 Cause’s proceeds helped sponsor meals for underprivileged children.
- Donate-A-Denim: During February and March 2020, our employees collected old denim fabric and donated it to Sshristi India Trust, an NGO that supports education, digital literacy, and women’s empowerment programs. The fabric helps disadvantaged women earn a living by creating tailored products and handicrafts.
- Employee Contributions: We’ve currently partnered with HelpAge India to allow our employees to donate a small portion of their monthly salary. These donations help fund cataract surgery for elderly people living in poverty.
- Tree Plantation Drive: Trees are vital to our well-being – and that of our planet. We periodically support initiatives to plant new trees in the areas around the office and increase the green cover. For us, planting a tree is about planting a hope.
We also participate in smaller-scale outreach, like inviting children to join us during holiday celebrations or volunteering at shelters. But we’ve also recently dedicated ourselves to helping our community through a very stressful time: the Coronavirus pandemic.
CSR During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Right now, the whole world is fighting together against COVID-19. We want to do our part by helping those who have been impacted the most in our communities: vulnerable populations like the poor, the homeless, and the underemployed. Specifically, we want to make sure their basic needs for food, medicines, and other essentials are met. So we started a fundraising drive for Wishes and Blessings. Our company matched the donations that our employees so generously gave, providing over Rs.1 Lac in support.
Wishes and Blessings’ COVID project focuses on providing shelter, nutrition, and hygiene assistance. Donated funds have been completely utilized to provide nutritional support to a total of 400 families in Uttarakhand and Assam and to provide medical supplies to shelter residents in Delhi.
Our Corporate Social Responsibility Commitment Continues
CSR is more than a fad, more than a hiring point, more than a gesture. It’s an ongoing commitment, and one that we seek to honor. As new opportunities arise, we want to be there to help our community, our employees, and our planet.