India Data Summit is a powerful knowledge initiative on challenges and opportunities in application of next-generation Data Management and Optimization Technologies across Indian Polity, Industry, Academics and Research.
Leading by Example – Data as fuel for Growth
Tuesday, 11th September 2018
12:10 pm – 01:10 pm (Panel Discussion)
- Anil Kaul, Co-Founder & CEO – Absolutdata Analytics
- Arjun Singh, MD – Yodlee Asia
- Monica Aggarwal, VP – India Systems Development Lab, IBM
- Dr. Tapati Bandopadhyay – GM – Wipro Holmes and AI
- Vivek Biyani, Director – Future Group
Session Details (About the event)
The India Data Summit, an initiative by India Today Group, Invest India and IBM, brought together some of the best thinkers and practitioners of the Indian digital universe on a single platform to deliberate on how data can be leveraged for India’s march towards a trillion-dollar digital economy and improved governance while recognizing the need for principles towards responsible use of data.
Pressing and complex issues such as data responsibility, and what India can learn from global approaches to data protection and privacy, while embracing digital disruption, was the mainstay of the deliberations.
Some of the key themes were:
- Perspectives on Data Responsibility – India’s approach to development of the data protection framework
- Real life examples on how Indian Government departments and Indian technology businesses are dealing with data privacy
- Key elements of successful AI implementations at scale and how data, both creation and sharing, is critical for bring transformation
Several businesses are already on their way to harness data to deliver more effective outcomes. This session had some real-life examples across sectors, presented by thought leaders, their best practices, as they shared their experience on leveraging data.